The Advisory Board on Cancer, Infertility and Pregnancy (ABCIP) is committed to the protection of personal data. The ABCIP processes the personal details of its requesting physicians and board members. This privacy statement offers more information on our ways of handling and processing this personal data. Personal data is protected by law and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). This privacy statement is in accordance with the data protection principles under the GDPR.
Information we collect
The personal information that you (the requesting physician) are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
Our website and processing of data are set up taking into account the GDPR and privacy laws applicable. Disclaimers are shown to the requesting physician informing them on the 'advisory' character of the board.
Data will be stored on the website for 5 years, in order to make sure that when a follow-up request is sent in by one of the requesting physicians, when needed, data is available of the old request and recommendations as given by the board.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways to:
- Send you emails; to provide you with recommendation letters after requesting for advice or to ask additional questions
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
Personal data filled in by the requesting physician (e.g. name, email, discipline working in) will be processed in the context of legitimate interests of the ABCIP and in the context of execution of an agreement with the requesting physician.
ABCIP follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
We have taken the appropriate technical safety measures, or had them taken, to protect your data from loss or illegitimate use. We protect our systems in accordance with the current standards of information protection and we have established relevant agreements with all our service providers.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you (the requesting physician) are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABCIP reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. We recommend regularly consulting this statement.